Free HR Health Check
Do you want to get a detailed understanding of how your HR department is functioning?
Is your HR department effective in achieving its overall purpose and departmental objectives?
We can provide a free comprehensive review and identify definite gaps that need to be addressed to drive optimal performance of the HR function. We can help businesses look after their most important asset: their people.
HR Health Check Questions
1. Do all your employees have a written contract of employment?
2. Do you issue your contracts of employment to employees within 8 weeks of their start date?
3. Do you have job descriptions for all the roles in your business?
4. Do you check that people joining your business have the right to live and work in the UK?
5. Do you have an employee handbook detailing company policies and procedures?
6.Do you have written disciplinary and grievances procedures that reflect the ACAS Code of Practice?
7. Do you know what your employees' Statutory rights are?
8. Are you confident that your policies and procedures comply with legislations e.g. disability, maternity, paternity, flexible working etc.?
9. Do you have a clear procedure for dealing with sickness absence?
10. Do you record the number of days lost due to sickness absence and the financial cost this can have to your business?
11. Do you have a clear procedure for dealing with poor performance?
12. Do you have a probationary period for new starters?
13. Do you know how happy/engaged your employees are? Have you ever carried out an engagement survey to obtain your employees views?
14. Do you have a recognition scheme in place for rewarding employees who go the extra mile?
15. Do you know that if you lose at a tribunal the compensation awarded could be increased by up to 25% if you failed to follow a fair process?